June 29 – July 12, 2015 | London, England
Attending the hallowed grounds of Wimbledon is the pinnacle of any avid tennis fan’s dream. The oldest tennis tournament and the only major played on grass, Wimbledon’s intimate and exclusive venue makes it the most prestigious Grand Slam on the tennis calendar. Travel with Grand Slam Tennis Tours to get the royal treatment; access to private hospitality steps away from the All England Club, fantastic seats for Center Court and/or Court No. 1, a chance to play tennis, and so much more. Stay at our hotels located near all the action in central London and take a day trip to some of the many historic landmarks around England.
Wimbledon Travel Packages
*Rates are per person based on double occupancy
*Additional nights: $550 per person per night
*Single or Odd number parties – please contact a GSTT Agent for pricing and options
Wimbledon Sample Itinerary
- Day 1: Welcome to London!Arrive at the Hotel Belgraves a modern and contemporary hotel which embodies the charming, old-world heritage of its London neighborhood, a residential area known for its many embassies and ambassador residences. You'll find the central location affords a visit to Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park, the V&A, British Museum and the National Gallery without straying far afield at all.
On your first day you'll enjoy a either a welcome dinner and or lunch and tour orientation. You'll have an opportunity to bump elbows with past Grand Slam champions, our staff, and other tennis enthusiasts from around the world.
- Day 2,3,4: Watch Tennis and Play TennisYou'll spend your next few days enjoying what you primarily came to London for - watching world-class tennis at Wimbledon! From your exclusive debenture seats on either on Center Court or Court #1, you'll have a chance to see all your favorite players battle it out at the third Grand Slam of the year.
If you are joining us for tennis on one of these days your next stop will be the unique private club Roehampton, here we will have the opportunity to play tennis on grass followed by a light dinner.
- Day 5: City TourAfter a good night's rest, you'll spend the next day touring London, here you will learn about the history of the city and its people. Take advantage of plentiful photo opportunities, including stops at St. Paul's Cathedral, Westminster Abbey, and the tower of London.
2015 Wimbledon – What’s Included
- Hotel accommodations
- Guaranteed reserved seats for days specified
- Debenture seats on Center Court and Court #1. Excellent seats on Court #2 Arena Map
- Oyster Card – underground pass
- Welcome Lunch or Dinner with past tennis champions
- Choice of 2 London excursions
- Private Walking and Underground London Tour including visits inside St. Paul’s Cathedral, Westminster Abbey, and The Tower of London
- Castles, Gardens, and Stately Homes
- Hospitality at Grand Slam Tennis Tours private house
- Tennis playing opportunity
- Commemorative gift
- Services of Grand Slam Tennis Tours Hosts
2015 Wimbledon – Hotels
Thompson Belgraves embodies the charming, old-world heritage of its London neighborhood, a residential area known for its many embassies and ambassador residences.
You’ll find the central location affords a visit to Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park, the V&A, British Museum and the National Gallery without straying far afield at all. And despite being very quiet, Belgravia is a mere three kilometers from City Centre.
2015 Wimbledon – FAQ
Where will my Seats be Located?
We have several types of tickets depending on the package you purchase. Our debenture seats are located either in the 200 level seating or in the lower half of 300 level seating. The non-debenture packages will feature 300 level seats. Our Court 1 seats are within the first 30 rows of the court, and Court 2 seats are around ten rows away from the action!
Who Plays Where?
The Show Courts are Center Court, Court 1 and Court 2. For the first nine days of the tournament, top players are scheduled here. In the second week, half of the women’s and men’s quarters are played on Court 1. Court 3 is partially ticketed, and also has a tremendous lineup throughout the event. Enjoy unlimited access to the matches being played on courts 4-19, where seats are available first-come, first-serve.
Why Don’t We Stay in Wimbledon?
The town of Wimbledon, a suburb about 8 miles from London, offers few diversions outside of tennis. The London hotels chosen are close to Wimbledon–less than 30 minutes by Tube. We will escort you to Wimbledon on your first day of tennis. Guests at The Double Tree by Hilton and The Belgraves are just a few minutes from major museums, Harrod’s and Harvey Nichols department stores. London theaters are 20 minutes by Tube.
How Flexible are Tour/Travel Dates?
Create your own tennis vacation! If you don’t see a tour that fits your needs, tell us! We can customize a tour for you. You can easily enhance your stay in London by adding hotel nights or other tour options.
When Does the Tennis Start?
The first 8 days: 1:00 p.m., Center Court and Court 1; 12:00 noon, other courts. The second week: 1:00 p.m., Center Court; 12:00 noon or 1:00 p.m., other courts, depending on the number of matches to be played. The Grand Slam staff will advise you of any changes in starting times. Matches will continue until the day’s schedule is completed or until dark (approximately 8:30 p.m.)
Is There a Rain Refund Policy?
The All England Club’s rain refunds: “No play taking place before 6:00 p.m.: a refund of 1/2 the face value of the ticket. No play at all: a full refund of the face value of the ticket.” The face value will not cover the actual cost of the tickets in our packages. For a more substantial refund, Grand Slam Tennis Tours offers rain insurance available for a nominal fee. The insurance is only paid if no play takes place the entire day. Ask your Grand Slam Tennis Tour agent for details.