COVID-19 Traveler Information
We understand that the news of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is of serious concern and interest for our clients. We want to assure you that it’s as significant for our company, staff, friends and families, as well. The global situation around the virus changes quickly depending on where you live, and the uncertainties surrounding COVID-19 continue to make it challenging to speak towards. Below, we've tried to organize and deliver some important information regarding how the virus has affected travel to major tennis events for our clients.
We will update this page and the following resources as we receive new information.
Last update: June 18, 2020 12:00 PM
We want to emphasize a few points regarding travel to upcoming events:
- We are monitoring all aspects of tennis news as closely and frequently as we can. We are speaking with major stakeholders of events and tournaments. We're also in communication with industry leaders, current ATP/WTA players, coaches, agents, journalists, and anyone else who can help provide us with information about the current landscape of professional tennis.
- We're obviously living in a moment of significant travel uncertainties, but our position remains a point of pride and a point of policy: As long as an event is taking place, we will be there to fulfill the responsibility we have to the thousands of annual guests who trust us to provide them with an exceptional travel experience.
- Until an event is officially cancelled by an announcement from tournament organizers, we must proceed as if the event will take place as scheduled.
- It should be understood that we’re experts in global tennis tourism, not epidemiology. During a pandemic, we can read the news, listen to the factual recommendations of the CDC, the WHO, and the U.S. Department of State, obey directives issued by local governments, and use our best judgement, just the same as you can.
We will continue to closely monitor the situations and share any additional updates regarding travel to all of our upcoming events. We are glad to answer any further questions. For any questions or concerns regarding current or future bookings, please call our team for assistance at (800) 289–3333 or email us at email@example.com.
Important note: As our staff is moving to full-time remote work in accordance with public health guidelines, you may experience a short delay before your call or email is answered. We appreciate your patience as we adjust to the new office conditions.
Thank you for your continued trust in our business. We hope to welcome you on a tennis experience in the not-too-distant future, and we thank you for your continued support.
- The WTA and ATP have made the decisions to suspend their tours until August 3 and August 14, 2020, respectively. The ITF has suspended its events until August as well.
- Several events have been canceled and will not be played in 2020. The following Grand Slam Tennis Tours/Topnotch Tennis Tours events are affected:
- 2020 BNP Paribas Open
- 2020 Miami Open
- 2020 Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters
- 2020 Championships, Wimbledon
- The following events have been moved and/or modified, also affecting Grand Slam Tennis Tours/Topnotch Tennis Tours trip operations:
- 2020 Tokyo Olympics: postponed until 2021
- 2020 Western and Southern Open: will now be played in Flushing Meadows starting on August 22, 2020; will be played without fans
- 2020 US Open: will start on August 31, 2020; will be played without fans
- 2020 Mutua Madrid Open: will now start on September 13, 2020
- 2020 Italian Open (Internazionali BNL D’Italia): will now start on September 20, 2020
- 2020 French Open: will now start on September 27, 2020
- Laver Cup Boston 2020: has been postponed until September 24, 2021
Cancellations and transfers
- Guests who book a new 2020 trip can cancel or transfer their full deposit to another trip up until the final payment date, 30 days (one month) prior to their departure.
- Cancellations between the time of booking and the final payment date—30 days (one month) prior to departure—are eligible for a refund, less an Administrative Booking Charge of $500. (For example, a $2,000 booking will receive $1,500 as a refund when cancelled more than one month prior to departure.)
- Cancellations made less than 30 days (one month) prior to departure are eligible for a travel credit equal to the full amount paid (100%) for their reservation to Grand Slam Tennis Tours or Topnotch Tennis Tours, which they can use on a future Grand Slam Tennis Tours or Topnotch Tennis Tours trip of their choice booked by December 31, 2020.
Existing 2020 bookings for events that have been canceled/modified
- We have offered consistent, generous options for our guests who were booked to travel with us in 2020, and we will continue to do so as additional changes are announced.
- Guests booked for travel in 2020 may transfer to another 2020–2021 trip or departure without a fee at any time prior to the event.
Existing Wimbledon 2020 bookings
- You're already rebooked for Wimbledon 2021. We have transferred all 2020 Wimbledon travel packages to the 2021 Wimbledon Championships, which takes place June 28–July 11, 2021. If you'd like to make any changes, just let us know. Otherwise you don't need to do a thing.
- The final payment of your booking, formerly due 60 prior to the 2020 Championships, is now due 60 days prior to the 2021 Championships. The pricing of your tour package remains unchanged.
- If you are not able to make the 2021 Wimbledon event and want to apply your credit to a future Grand Slam Tennis Tours or Topnotch Tennis Tours event, just write or call us at (800) 289–3333 to let us know and we will help you out.
If you have purchased travel protection for your trip, please contact TravelGuard. You can see their coronavirus FAQ here. Please be patient when calling your travel protection provider. TravelGuard’s number is (800) 826–5248.
For the latest information on your flights, we recommend contacting your airline as soon as possible. Some carriers have cancelled flights and/or instituted additional restrictions or screening processes about which you should be aware. Several airlines have instated free cancellation/change policies.
Many airlines are experiencing extremely long wait times. We recommend either requesting a callback or calling from a landline if one is available to you; we’ve heard anecdotal reports of cellphones disconnecting after an extended period of time (several hours) on hold.
For information on COVID-19 and tips for staying healthy while traveling, we recommend the excellent resources provided by the US Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO):
We booked our [insert event name here] tour with you. Now that the event has been canceled or modified, what happens?
We want to make it clear that our customers are our greatest priority and we assure you we will do everything we can to take care of our clients. We truly cannot emphasize enough that our business is nothing without our clients, and we will do everything we can to handle situation in a way that acknowledges our appreciation for you choosing to travel with us.
At the moment, we’re able to offer a credit of 100% of the travel package or tickets you purchased through us, applicable to any future event with us through 2022. We are currently working with our tournament partners in the US and Europe to learn more about the situation and how the various components of our ticketing experience will be handled. As this information comes in to us, we will be able to communicate additional options regarding your purchase.
Our goal is to offer travel options for our guests that exceed the resolutions we’ve seen presented from other companies in the tourism business, both within the tennis industry and beyond. At the moment there are some components of uncertainty and it’s a challenging time for travelers and travel companies. We’re in a position where we want to do what’s right for our clients. We understand this attitude is precisely why you chose to travel with us in the first place.
Is my travel credit transferable?
Yes, your credit is fully transferable to a friend, family member, lucky stranger, etc. We'll just need the name and contact information of the person to whom you're transferring the credit.
What if we book for the Australian Open/BNP Paribas Open and it gets cancelled?
We have offered consistent, generous options for our guests who were booked to travel with us to canceled 2020 events, and we will continue to do so if there are additional cancellations to major events.
We are working to offer no-risk, refundable travel packages and will update this page with details once they are available.